Thursday, March 4, 2010

So this picture needs some explanation...

Yes, I know, another not-really-full Hawaii post - but I couldn't wait on this one, because it cracks me up.

I think it was the second day that we were there when Nick woke up from his nap and started saying that his pancake shirt fell in the dirt. Nick has a shirt from Old Navy that has a stack of pancakes on it that he calls - obviously - his pancake shirt. While I had brought said pancake shirt on the trip, he hadn't worn it yet and, as far as I knew, it was in either a backpack or the dresser drawer in his bedroom.

He went on & on about needing to find it and picking it up out of the dirt. As we had no idea what he was talking about, we just assumed that he must have been dreaming about it or something as 1) we hadn't really been out & about by the dirt and 2) our condo was on the 6th floor with a large lanai, not a backyard with grass, etc.

I think it was the next day when my Mom pointed out something that was on the ground next to the walkway at the bottom of the building where our condo was. I leaned over the railing to see what it was, and there - spread out nearly perfectly - was Nick's pancake shirt laying in the dirt. Clearly Nick got his little paws on the shirt and promptly threw it over the railing.

So I went and got Kevin and asked him to look over the railing. This picture is his reaction when he realized what it was and how it must have gotten there.


Now I'm sure you're saying to yourself, "How could you not know he did that because shouldn't you have been out on the lanai WITH him?" Honestly, I'm not sure when he did it. We didn't let him go out there by himself, so he could have done it pretty quickly while one or the both of us were sitting there right near him.

No comments: