Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dam-baid

So as I was getting Nick changed this morning, he kept saying "Dam-baid, dam-baid, Mommy!!" He was getting pretty insistent about it and I was getting a little irked because I had no idea what he was talking about. Of course he is looking at me as if I'm the most dense person in the world. And I'm wondering what sort of swear-word laced sentence I used that somehow translated into "Dam-baid".

After a bit of back & forth - me naming random things that sort of sounded like "Dam-baid" and him looking like he's about to have a major meltdown - success.

Band-Aid. He wanted to put a Band-Aid on his "boo-boo". A phantom boo-boo at that, no boo-boo's anywhere. He just wanted to put a Band-Aid on his arm. So put one on we did and he walked around saying "Nick has a boo-boo with a Dam-Baid".

Another lesson in Nickish.

No comments: