Monday, May 4, 2009

Aww, first haircut...

As evidenced by the picture below, it was time for a haircut. I suppose I shouldn't complain. After all, he's gone two whole years without one, so I guess it's about time!! I was a bit nervous as Nick HATES it when I do anything with or to his hair.


We took him to a place that had rocket-ship chairs. His expression seems a bit grumpy (his nap was cut short by our neighbor's lovely construction guy fixing a roof that was recently added to their house that hung over into our sideyard... another story...)


They also had flat screen TV's where he was able to watch Thomas & Friends.


He did wonderfully well. The only time he freaked out was when she used the hair dryer to blow the hair off of him. He's not a big fan of loud noises, but calmed down almost immediately after she turned it off. "Nick no like loud noise", he said.


I realized I didn't get any good pictures of post-haircut (partly due to the hairdryer incident). The hair-cut place is up the hill from us at a mall where they also have an ice rink. Nick likes to watch "pockey", so he hung out at the window for a while watching them play.


It was a kids league - maybe 10-12 year olds or so - the poor goalie you see in the picture above gave up about five goals in a matter of 15 minutes. Poor kid. But Nick liked it!!

No comments: