Saturday, September 26, 2009

Long Beach Aquawarum

Nope, not a typo. That's how Nick pronounces aquarium. The weekend before our vacation, we headed down to the Long Beach Aquarium. Not a bad spot - certainly no Sea World or Monterey Aquarium, but it was still fun. Best of all it had some misters outside and was air conditioned inside. This was very nice given how hot it was that weekend.

Didn't take too many pictures, but HAD to get a picture of a puffin for Grandma Alice!!


The aquarium had those cool walk-thru tunnel tanks where you could get up close & personal with the animals. Here is Nick observing a sea turtle.


Outside by the misters (ahhhh). Nick driving the boat.


The also had a decent shark exhibit. I was able to stand up close to the tank for about oh, one minute, maybe, before I had to step away to prevent heart palpitations. Yes, I have an irrational fear of sharks. Yes, I know it's stupid. But it's not my fault. I blame my brother for tormenting me as a child with the Jaws theme & telling me there were sharks under my bed. They really are awful and we should stay as far away as humanly possible. God save me if Nick wants to learn to surf.

No comments: