Monday, April 21, 2008

Yep, I'm ONE!!

Mommy & Daddy threw me a birthday party & everything. They ate all sorts of weird stuff - but I got the best part - the cake!



Everyone sang a song to me while they burned the candles on my cake. I tried to blow them out but had some trouble, so Mommy & Daddy did it for me.



I suppose it tasted pretty good, but I was more interested in the black sticky stuff on my hand. It made clapping really difficult!



I thought the plate was more fun than the cake and used it to paint my face. I think I might have hit Grandpa with some cake & icing, but I'm not sure.





All my friends gave me some really nice presents. But I think my favorite thing of all from the party was all my balloons! Daddy blew up a bunch of them and I spent most of the evening after the party chasing them down and making noises with them. One of them popped and it didn't even scare me. I am ONE now, you know, and one year olds don't get scared by popping balloons.



However, you have to keep an eye on those balloons. They can sneak up on you and all of a sudden - you're cornered.



And here is a picture of me in my birthday onsie - Mommy made me wear it and insisted that she get a picture of me in it. I wanted to keep playing with my balloons and was very annoyed with her that she made me stop to take this picture.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Did we miss his b-day on the board?? (I've been a little preoccupied). HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY NICK!!

SAM said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I just stumbled upon this through Ryan's. Happy 1st Birthday Nick!! Looks like he had a great time, and what fun parents to give him chocolate icing! I wish we had done that - we went with white. Chocolate is so much more fun!